About our Recreation Program
- Available to all boys and girls ages 3-18.
- 6u-19u Registration Fees from $75-$105. High quality Hummel Jerseys (2) and socks are $50. Not required to purchase new ones every season, same kits each year.
- Little Kickers 4U Registration Fees are $50, includes a jersey.
- Volunteer coaches with the support and training of the Club Staff. Training activities and curriculum will be available as well as continued in-house coaching education.
- Referees will volunteer the first year with the intention of paid referees for all 8u-19u games in year two.
- End of season tournaments each fall and spring.
- Male and Female divisions with enough players to support it; coed only if it is necessary.
- U12 and U15 register as coed, will split to single gender once 4 teams can be formed in single genders.
- U19 Coed division will register as a waitlist until there are enough signed up to from teams. This eliminates the need for refunds if not enough players.
- Full time administrative support from the Club Directors.
- All decisions are made locally based on community needs.
- Ability for outside organizations to play in our league to create a competitive balance.
- Opportunity to play as a US Youth Soccer Club member.
Team and League Format
- Teams play 3v3, 5v5, 7v7, 9v9, 11v11 (when possible).
- All players will play a minimum of half of each game.
- Games are on Saturdays at Va Du Mar McMillan Park. Weather may cause schedule delays or game day adjustments.
- All practices are 1 hour on weeknights. 8u once per week. 10u-19u twice per week.
- Little Kickers and 6u are on Saturday only.
Advantages of Spartanburg United
· All your children under one account for all program registrations.
· The ease for players to move between recreational and competitive programs under the Spartanburg United umbrella.
· Organized by full-time leadership who do the planning and oversee the volunteers.
· All Club decisions are made locally based on the local market and community needs.
· Growth potential to have more competitively balanced divisions within each age group.