HS Prep soccer is just that, to prepare a young HS player for the spring HS Soccer season. It is for HS aged soccer players who want professional instruction and who desire a more competitive environment but are unable to make the travel commitment to a Select or Challenge team. Most HS Prep soccer players tend to be those that want to play in high school and college but need more development to be able to start on their HS team. Players interested in HS Prep soccer should love to play soccer, want to learn to play at a more advanced level and are willing to commit the time and effort required to become the best player possible. In all of our programs, Spartanburg United players are trained with their long-term development in mind rather than immediate team success. Making them a well rounded player.
- Team training sessions are 90 minute sessions
- Coached by a paid US Soccer licensed coach, not a volunteer
- Goalkeeper training, speed & agility and additional technical sessions are offered throughout the season
- Spartanburg United HS Prep teams practice 2 nights a week
- Games can played in Greenville or our home fields in Spartanburg
- Games are on the weekend on Saturday
- HS Prep teams do not compete in the higher level State Leagues, but are able to get the most development out of the players
- Teams may participate in additional tournaments and scrimmages throughout the season
If you are interested in joining the program please email [email protected] to check availability and an evaluation.